Love is a wonderful thing and people want to spend every free moment together, however, if we overdo it, a healthy relationship can easily turn into an unhealthy relationship.
When we love someone, we don’t want to own them because we are afraid that otherwise we will lose the connection, but we want to supplement it.
True intimacy between two people is always a balance between love and emotional connection - and the release to let the relationship breathe.
To find out whether you want to love or own your partner, answer these eight simple questions:
1. Can you spend a second without your partner?
2. Do you want to own them?
3. Are you afraid that you will be left or betrayed?
4. Do you become nervous if you haven’t heard from or seen your partner for a while?
5. Are you constantly thinking about that person?
6. Do you become possessive and obsessed with this person after you’ve had sex?
7. Does the partner have the feeling that you are trying to control or suffocate them?
8. Do you feel like you can’t live without that person?
If you have between 6 and 8 ‘yes’ answers, you are extremely possessive
If you have between 3 and 5 ‘yes’ answers, you are moderately possessive
If you have between 1 and 3 ‘yes’ answers, you tend to become possessive
If you don’t have any ‘yes’ answers, you have a healthy emotional relationship with your partner.