You can’t snore and dream at the same time. All people in all the cultures dream regardless of their class, sex, gender, age. According to research from the beginning of the 21st century, it was confirmed that animals dream too.
As Freud remarked in the Theory and practice of interpreting dreams, ‘it is good to remember occasionally that people had dreams before psychoanalysis existed’.
From ancient Egypt to Artemidor, from Artemidor to Romanticism, from Romanticism to Freud and Jung through Aserinsky and Kleitman to Hobson and Solms, from cyberspace to Matrix, from surrealists to David Lynch films, dream interpretation is endless journey down the lost highway of our dreams and boundless walk along the dangerous side of our desires, mysteries, fears and hopes.
Ten most common dreams:
1. Being lost or trapped
2. Being chased by someone
3. To fly
4. To miss an important event.
5. Falling down
6. That you are naked with a partner
7. Falling out or losing teeth
8. Cheating on a close person
9. Being back in school
10. Flying on a plane or being on a ship.
Dreams and TV.
Older people who had black-and-white TV are more likely to dream in black and white.
Interpretation of dreams - Sigmund Freud. Dreams about dreams - Antonio Tabuki. Neptune is the planet of an emotional miracle. Beside the fact that it has an extremely strong influence on our dreams, visions, talents, it makes wonders in our lives.
Science has dealt with the question of a newborn child’s sleep many times so far, but scientists still don’t dare to give a definitive answer to the question whether the babies dream. However, they explained in detail all the phenomena that accompany moments of sleep with babies and explained that the youngest go through a similar experience as adults, which is why it is very possible that they dream too.
Scientists assume that babies don’t have scary dreams and that nightmares first appear between the age of three and five.
Dreams in numbers.
5 - 30 minutes is the average length of a dream.
We approximately dream every 90 minutes.
33% of dreams shows something bad.
25% of dreams takes place in familiar places.
50% of social interactions in dreams are aggressive, usually to the person who dreams.
We forget 95% to 99% of our dreams.
* Blind people also dream. But while people who have lost their vision dream images, those people who are blind from birth have dreams based on the scents and sounds.
* All the faces we see in dreams are the faces that we have at least once seen before.
* With a little practice, it is even possible to control dreams. That way you can fly when you want to, or do whatever else you want. The only thing you can’t affect is the beginning of the dream.
* There is a drug called dimethyltryptamine, and this hallucinogenic drug allows you to dream whenever you want, even during the day. Of course, the drug is illegal.
* A phenomenon was proven, but not explained, of predicting dreams. People can sometimes dream about an event that happens later, so for example, Abraham Lincoln dreamed of his assassination. There is no scientific explanation.
* Sleepwalking is dangerous. There are recorded cases like the one of a woman who drove 30 kilometers to her cousin's house where she killed him.
* During their life people spend a total of about six hours dreaming.
* People who are trying to quit smoking have longer and more intense dreams.