He never said I was his girlfriend because allegedly, he doesn't want to label people. At the end of our relationship I told him that I missed him, and he told me that he met someone. He already had a girlfriend, and this is one of 15 unpleasant experiences from which you should learn.
At the beginning of a relationship when excitement is biggest, it's difficult to foresee partner's flaws. At this honeymoon stage couples don't see the character of their other half well, which is why they often don't notice alarm signs. People simply ignore them until it is too late. Here are all 15 experiences:
1. We never went to her apartment, we were always at my place. In the end it turned out that she was still married.
2. She told me: 'Our relationship is more than friendship, but less than a relationship'.
3. No business meeting lasts until 11.30 p.m., I should have known better.
4. During our first fight she took a bottle of whiskey and started drinking just to heat up the fight. It should have been the first sign that something was wrong.
5. He constantly wanted to cuddle, in bed, in front of the TV ... If I wanted to do something alone, he accused me of ignoring someone who loves me. That was weird.
6. I caught my girlfriend writing to her ex that she still loved him. I got over it. I caught her second time, and again went over it. She didn't post anything that relates her to me on her Facebook page, and when I posted a surprise I prepared for her on Valentine's Day, she asked me to delete it. The final straw was when she invited her ex to the ceremony of awarding a diploma.
7. I should have known something was wrong when she refused to admit we were together in public.
8. First sign for alarm? Well, when she called me and asked why I didn't call, and before that we were together in the theater and on a dinner.
9. He told me: 'If you gain weight, I'll leave you'. Eventually I married him and realized that he was a manipulative jerk. What a surprise.
10. She cheated on her ex-boyfriend with me, but it won't happen to me. Of course it happened.
11. She constantly spoke to or texted her ex-boyfriend. It didn't bother me until she left me to get back with him.
12. He never said that I was his girlfriend because he allegedly didn't want to label people. At the end of our relationship I told him that I missed him, and he told me that he met someone. He had a girlfriend.
13. We almost never had sex. I assured myself that it was just a phase, but it wasn't. It was the end.
14. My girlfriend and soon to be ex-wife has a very close relationship with her family, but their way of communication is based on insults. I thought we would get through this together and that I will get on with them better. Finally, they destroyed our relationship and our love. And she still thinks it's normal.
15. Her friends are terrible, and I thought she wasn't until she cheated on me.