When we tell someone ‘I love you’, we want to hear the same words or the wonderful phrase ‘I love you too’. Nobody wants to hear one of these10 answers ...
1. Thank you. ‘A guy told me this after I told him I loved him. We both fell silent, and I blushed with shame. We broke up two days later’, Ivone, 25 years old.
2. ‘I love me too’. I knew he was self-centered, but I never dreamed how far his self-love goes. After he said that, I turned and left. I never again responded to any of his calls’, Maria, 36 years old.
3. I wish I loved you. ‘He told me this in gentle and soothing voice, but I would have liked it better if he cursed instead’, Kate, 21 years old.
4 . Ouch. ‘I don’t know if anyone has ever hurt me more than my ex-boyfriend who reacted like this to I love you. I was tempted to hit him in the crotch with my heels, so it really hurts’, Emily, 34 years old.
5. That’s very nice of you. ‘He read some weird version of etiquette if he thought that was a good answer to my I love you’, Anna, 24 years old.
6. I know. ‘I really understand why they say love is blind. I never dreamed that I would be going out with such a selfish guy’, Michelle, 43 years old.
7. So? "Are you f...... kidding me? I answered with a question. We had a fight and ended it the same day’, Susan, 33 years old.
8. I have to go to an emergency meeting. ‘I never heard another word from him. That guy was such a waste of time’, Silvia, 27 years old.
9 * laugh of disbelief * ‘He thought that it was a joke when I told him that I loved him. In his defense, he felt uncomfortable when he stopped laughing and realized that I was serious, "Laura, 29 years old.
10. I'm sorry. 'I was sorry later for telling him I loved him. During our three-month relationship he never showed any signs of affection, and I thought that by this statement he would be encouraged. I was so wrong!’, Dana, 30 years old.