No matter what you think of Feng Shui philosophy, you need to admit that it's based on some excellent principles. The following rules are those that you should adopt regardless of whether they come from Feng Shui or some other source.
1. More is less. Removing extra furniture and other unnecessary details, especially those whose expiration date is long gone, is a good start. Keep your place tidy without unnecessary loads of stuff.
2. The key is in colors. It is important to be surrounded by colors that you like and that make you feel good.
3. Water is good. Running water (fountains) stimulate your creativity. Water is an ancient symbol for wealth and well-being.
4. Fresh air is healing. Stale air is bad for your energy, so be sure to ventilate the room regularly. Open the windows whenever you can.
5. Plants bring calmness into the home. Plants have a calming effect and radiate strong calming energy. Also, they are great air purifiers.
6. Mirrors add space. Mirrors create the illusion of more space, so they are excellent for offices and halls. Also, they bring light into the home.
7. Place the clock straight. Make sure that it’s not crooked. Keeping it in your kitchen or living room is good. Keeping it in the hall is not advised.
8. Keep the house clean. All the rooms require a smooth flow of energy, and it is impossible if your apartment is messy.
9. The bedroom is important. Energy in the bedroom should be invoking, calming and exciting at the same time. Take electrical appliances out of the room and create absolutely relaxing atmosphere.
10. Make the kitchen bright. The kitchen needs a lot of light. You can achieve this by placing several sources of light. Yellow is a popular choice for many kitchens decorated according to Feng Shui principles.